Google Analytics, also known as Universal Analytics, is a free and sophisticated tool that displays you how visitors found your website and what they did after they arrived. It shows you what works and what doesn’t with your website and digital marketing. This platform has dominated the field of website statistics for over 15 years. There are now hundreds of experts, articles, and tutorials like this one available to teach company owners and marketers how to leverage the platform.
However, if you follow analytics news, you may have heard that in July 2023, Universal Analytics will be completely superseded by Google’s new data platform, GA4. However, this does not imply that Universal is outmoded (yet). It is still a useful tool, and it is now thought to be more user pleasant than GA4. In fact, our first recommendation is that you set up your company on both platforms.
We have a guide to understanding and getting started with each of them for you!
- Create an account with Google Analytics. You may already have a Google account if you have a Gmail or YouTube account, but we recommend that you create one particularly for your business. Something like email@example.com should suffice
- Access Google Analytics. After you’ve created your Google account, go to google.com/analytics. You may then Sign Up and create a new Google Analytics account.
- Give your account a name, preferably your company name.
- Name the website you’ll be monitoring. This is critical if you have many websites for your firm.
- Enter your website’s URL here.
- Select a category, such as healthcare, beauty, or fitness.
- Choose your time zone.
- Then you must decide what information you are prepared to give with Google. We believe that the more information they have, the better they will be able to build additional reporting tools.
- Accept their service conditions.
- Navigate to the page where you obtained your website tracking code. This must appear on every page of your website. As a result, we propose include it in your website’s header.
- This tracking code must be added to your website. If you are not comfortable doing this, you may give the code snippet to your developer and have them add it.
Once that is done, Google will begin tracking all activity on your website. Allow at least 24 hours before you begin to view data in your new account. To learn about these things you can enroll in an digital marketing course in various locations like Digital Marketing course in Pune, Digital Marketing course in Thane or Digital Marketing course in Navi Mumbai. There are several methods to enhance your Universal Analytics account so that it provides the most valuable and actionable data. Also, keep in mind that Universal Analytics will be phased out in July 2023 in favour of GA4. The sooner you learn about and set up your GA4 account, the better prepared you will be when the Universal platform (and all of your past data) is decommissioned.